OKCPS Negotiated Agreement: Key Points and Takeaways
The Oklahoma City Public Schools (OKCPS) recently reached a negotiated agreement with the district`s teacher union, the Oklahoma City American Federation of Teachers (OCAFT). The agreement, which will be effective for the 2021-2022 school year, has several key points that both parties will want to take note of.
Here are some of the most important takeaways from the OKCPS negotiated agreement:
1. Salary Increases: Under the agreement, teachers will receive a 1.5% increase to their base salary. Additionally, there will be step increases for eligible teachers.
2. Health Insurance: The district will continue to cover 100% of the premium costs for employees` health insurance plans. The agreement also includes a provision that allows employees to opt out of the district`s health insurance plan if they have other coverage.
3. Professional Development: The agreement includes provisions for professional development opportunities for teachers, including a $200 stipend for teachers who complete a National Board Certification.
4. Teacher Evaluation: The agreement includes changes to the district`s teacher evaluation system, including a reduction in the number of required observations and a focus on student growth as a key factor in evaluations.
5. Workload: The agreement also addresses workload issues, with provisions for reduced paperwork and increased planning time for teachers.
Overall, the OKCPS negotiated agreement is a positive development for both teachers and the district. The salary increases and professional development opportunities will help retain and attract high-quality teachers, while the changes to the teacher evaluation system and workload provisions will help improve working conditions for educators.
As a professional, it`s important to note that adding relevant keywords to this article, such as “OKCPS negotiated agreement” and “teacher union,” will increase the likelihood that people searching for information on this topic will find this article. Additionally, including internal and external links to related content, such as news articles or press releases, can help improve the article`s SEO and provide readers with additional context.